Join a Truly International Forum
Becoming an IAIA member is easy. You can either join online or you can download the PDF form and fax, mail or email it to IAIA.
The International Association for Impact Assessment is a multi-disciplinary organization for environmental practitioners and interested participants from all sectors: government, industry, training, research, consultancies and community bases. IAIA offers both individual and corporate memberships. While many of the benefits are the same for both categories, you can learn about more corporate benefits on our Corporate Membership page.
"I've worked in environmental assessment and related fields for 25 years, during which time the discipline has evolved, expanded, learned and, at least sometimes, made a difference. IAIA provides a vital forum for professionals in this volatile field to benefit from each others' experiences and add value to their own work." – Jack Krohn, Australia
Benefits of an IAIA individual membership
- Subscription to Impact Assessment & Project Appraisal, the widely-acclaimed international journal of IAIA. Through refereed papers, professional practice reports and book reviews, it covers environmental and social impact, sustainability, technology assessment, project appraisal and case studies.
- IAIA's quarterly newsletter provides professional news as well as organizational items and updates on activities of members, affiliates, conferences, and project initiatives.
- Membership in IAIAConnect, our online professional community. Network with other members, join special-interest groups, submit questions to group members, receive relevant posts and announcements from members around the world, search IAIA’s member directory and view members’ profiles.
- Reduced rate for annual conference registration
- Opportunities to represent IAIA at international fora
- Networking in special interest area sections
- Organizational linkages
- Receive timely organizational updates and announcements through the monthly e-newsletter
- Opportunities for international recognition through contribution to the work of IAIA and the profession, and through partnerships with other members and organizations
- Voting privileges in IAIA elections and at the annual general meeting
- Profile in online member directory
- Full access to members-only web pages, including searchable member directory
- Member rates for
- *Advertisements in Newsletter
- *Flyer inserts in quarterly mailings
- *Job postings on Career Central, IAIA's jobs board
- Opportunity to be listed online as a signatory to IAIA's Code of Conduct
More details about each Section and its activities can be found at the respective links below. To connect to each Section's discussion forum or learn more about Sections, visit the Sections page.